Sunday, February 28, 2016

From Blah to Babe

Got a couple of heads in this week and was able to carve out some time yesterday to work on them and get them done.  I am very pleased with how they came out.  I was reminded, though, of how tedious eyebrow painting on tiny faces is!

{B e f o r e}

{A f t e r}

While painting these, I realized two things: 1) the right brush makes a TON of difference when painting and 2) using a large ceramic floor tile to paint on is a HUGE improvement from painting on a towel.  The tile can be easily wiped clean whereas a towel attracts cat hair and other lint flying around in the air.  I used to use a roller brush to take care of that, but those roller refills aren't cheap and they are a pain to have to use everytime I want to sit down to paint.  Plus, I can test the viscosity of the paint on a flat surface instead of my painting pallete that is usually full of paint and mixed colors.  The tile also makes for a nice neutral background surface as shown in the images above.  It serves triple duty!  I've also started back up on a few Monster High dolls I've had in cases since I moved here last August.  I find it hard to believe sometimes that I started my new life 6 months ago already.  

Wow.

It's gorgeous here today and going to be in the 50sº!  I should get out and enjoy it with a walk around the pond that is near my apartment.  I'm looking forward to experiencing Spring in a new state.  

No comments:

Post a Comment