Monday, July 14, 2014

Brown Eyed Girl





I started this doll last Fall.  So many months ago.  I've moved her around the studio during that time, back and forth to areas close to where I sit at my desk, then farther away in the "to-do later" vicinity, and then back closer to me in a storage bin, and finally back again.  Well, these last few weeks I have been turning my attention more towards doll painting lately and getting to the projects I started a while back.  This has been very therapeutic for me.  I often forget how medicinal it is for me to work on things such as this doll.  I need to be creative, but sometimes need to be away from creating for a while, too just to recharge my mind.  Getting back to working on dolls always feels best when I am decisive and know what I want to do with them.

As for this pretty lady...

I custom dyed her lavender ombre skirt, bodysuit and flower, gave her a complete re-root and hairstyle, added lashes to her eyes, repainted her irises, and painted toe and fingernails.  I still have to finish the magazine cover for her portfolio that these dolls were issued with, and then she will be placed up for auction.  I also had plans to make a custom stand for her, but I think I will see how she does at auction before I spend too much time adding more.  I hope she does really well.  If not, I am happy to keep her in my collection.  She is stunning to look at and I can't stop looking at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment