Sunday, March 23, 2014

New Jem

I just have to say that when I found out about the reissue of the Jem & The Hologram dolls, I was floored.   

Seriously.

I found out about these dolls last Fall from another doll collecting friend of mine and have been slightly on the side of obsessed about them since.  For years there has been chatter in and around doll communities about having the dolls reissued and then, nearly two decades later, Hasbro has given us what we've all been asking for! Much to my delightful amazement, Integrity Toys has chosen their characters for the 2014 line.  And here they are in all of their 80s glory (and big, BIG hair):

The Raya doll (always a favorite of mine) is one that just knocks my socks off.  That make-up and  hair combo just does me in.  

What I love about these reissues is that they are enough like the original dolls to be discernable, yet more detailed and scale appropriate to look like "real" people.  Did I mention the make-up/face paint on these dolls?  The quality of the entire Integrity Toy line of dolls is simply unparalleled and those dolls are always the ones which stop me in my tracks when at doll shows.  

They are not cheap dolls by any means and most hover around the $115.00 mark though some secondary market prices for the 1st reissues can easily double in price.  But my goodness gracious are they breathtaking and worth every single penny.

Oh, and by the way, there is going to be a Jem movie, too.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment