Monday, March 24, 2014

Some Favorite Finds

If you are anything like me, you relish in the chance to get your hands on older books illustrating ways in which to make something on your own.  Two of my personal favorites are:

How To Make Dolls and Doll Houses by Tina Lee




The illustrations alone make this book worth having.  There are 64 pages total and it is hard cover.  It's from 1948 and it shows you how to make your own dolls, furniture, houses and even some clothing and costumes.

Another of my favorite books is one about the older Kathe Kruse dolls:

Treasury of Kathe Kruse Album 3 by Lydia Richter.




I did not know that there was an extension of the Kruse doll creations in the form of mannequins which were called Show-Window Dolls (shown above).  I absolutely ADORE these!

This book has 128 pages with some full color and some black and white images.  It is also hard cover.  I found the Lee book online and the Richter book at a doll show.  I have only one small vintage Kruse doll in my personal collection.  She's not even in her original clothing, but she is among my favorites.  I always have to stop when I see them at doll shows.  I don't know what it is about them... I think it's everything about them.

Pure magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment