Saturday, March 22, 2014

h e l l o

And welcome.

So, you might be wondering why I chose "tiny ribbons" for the name of this blog.  Well, tiny ribbons is actually more representational of the small details that go into what makes a doll or a toy special.  It's also about taking time to notice the small things in life.

My focus for this existence of this blog is going to be about all things doll and toy related.  It's also going to coincide with an array of articles I will be writing for a few doll related magazines in the next several months.  And, since I am asked so frequently, it's also going to showcase my doll painting and restoration creations.  Needless to say, I am very excited!

It's been a long time coming, really, since I've been involved in dolls in some form professionally for nearly the last two decades.  But, I've never showcased my work... until now.  Let's start with some of some older restoration work:



The top images show the blonde flip TNT Francie restored.  The second images show a custom Sun Sun Malibu Francie that I sold a while back.  Francie is probably my most favorite doll to work on.  I love the shape of her face (she has the sweetest profile) and that her look is relatively versatile.

As time goes on, I will be showing my other dolls as well as some tips to help fellow doll customizers with their own creations and what products I use.  I may even post a few repainting tutorials on You Tube, depending on time constraints.

Until then, feel free to post your comments below and I will answer them as best I can.  I am looking so very forward to how this blog will be changing and expanding as time travels on and new ideas present themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment