Friday, January 23, 2015

Chip Off The Old Toe

I usually only blog about the faces of the dolls that I restore/repaint.  So, I thought today would be as good as any to blog about the nails that I repaint.  I recently repaired a toe chip on a vintage Barbie doll for a customer.  The first two images are the repair BEFORE being painted, but the missing area had been filled.

 And here is the AFTER with the area painted and the nails done, too.

I have plans to try my hand at repairing nose nips and missing chins on dolls.  It's quite a process though and having the knack for sculpting tiny areas is a skill that you must have in order to wind up with the results you were looking for - not to mention the ability to color match the skin tone by blending paint.

I also added some toe nails to one of this customer's American Girl dolls.  I actually really enjoy painting these tiny digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment