Sunday, November 23, 2014

New Commissions

I spent the evening last night listening to the new Taylor Swift record "1989".  It's really, really good.  I think that it sounds a lot like what Summer feels like.  It sure helps to beat the Winter hue blues that have been going around.

I also spent the evening working on finishing up some custom orders:



For some reason, these dolls felt different as I worked on them.  Perhaps it's that I hit a spot in my work that I felt more confident in where I was going with the end results.  It's odd to try and explain other than to just say that things felt different as I painted these ladies.

I'm also tossing around the idea of putting doll painting classes up on Youtube as I've received several inquiries on that.  Not sure how the logistics will happen with all of it, but it's brewing - and I like that I am thinking of ways in which to use my skills to support myself.  Because, after all, that is one of the main reasons that I paint.

It's been a rough couple of months for me and I won't go into details as to why (a lot of life events have happened), so these kinds of outlets help me focus energy into positive things with good outcomes (I make other people happy with painting their dolls for them).  I absolutely love to paint dolls, but the comments that I get from the doll owners after they receive them back are really what I am after.  It means a lot to me that they are pleased with them and able to see the beauty in their dolls again.

No comments:

Post a Comment