Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Latest Creations

Finished a batch of customized Barbie family dolls last night...




Had fun with these, though the eyebrows on the Skipper (last photo) and the blush on the blonde Barbie gave me a run for my money!  I must have reworked them both at least 10-12 times! 

I use a variety of small brushes when I paint, but I am finding that a #10 fine tip brush gets the job done for everything.  It does lips beautifully and allows me to get the teensyest tip and details in the smallest of areas on these tiny faces.  After many failed attempts at painting the brows for Skipper, I switched to that brush and WHOLA there they were!

I've got another order of several more dolls coming in later this week from a customer.  I always look forward to getting this kind of work and being able to WOW the original senders after I've finished painting their dolls for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment