Saturday, April 5, 2014

Inanimate Animated

A while back I found this on You Tube.  It was burned into memory and I think it of it often... for so many reasons.

When I was a young girl, the elementary school I attended had many school-wide events where all the classes (kindergarten through 6th) would attend.  My biggest memories of those events were the ones where puppet shows were involved.  I specifically remember two: one with Rumpelstiltskin and another that featured Thai puppets behind a screen and lit from the back.  I was captivated.

I am a child of the 1970s and 1980s.  It was during this time that shows such as The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, Fraggle Rock in addition to several movies (Dark Crystal, Never Ending Story, Labyrinth to name a few) were created.  These all featured puppets in some form or another and I found myself never being able to get enough of them.

There is something incredibly magical about making an inanimate object animated.  During my studentship I had the pleasure of creating a couple of stop motion videos for assignments.   And I would like to share them with you.  They make me want to make many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment